Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finally...some pictures

We've had some email issues, which is actually why there hasn't been any photos yet.

There are tons of alligators everywhere! All over the ranch. Here are a few pictures dad got of some. Scary if you ask me. This first one he said is about 6 feet long.

You have to look close in this one. There are a bunch of baby alligators. You can see their backs with yellow stripes on them.

This one is a 4 footer. I just don't think I would love seeing these beauties on a daily basis.

So far they are loving what they are doing. Dad goes to work at 7:00 a.m. and gets off at 5:00 p.m., just like at home. And he says there is a ton of stuff to do.
Mom on the other hand is sick of seeing snakes. There was one on dad's work truck the first day they got there. When they pulled up, it was there to greet them! One day when I was talking to mom on the phone there was a little garden snake out on the porch. While we were talking it slithered away! And the other night after she had washed her face, getting ready for bed, she was going to the kitchen and there was one in the middle of the floor. She freaked out, jumped on the couch, and didn't move until dad killed it and got rid of it! She says there are some people who have been there longer than them and haven't seen any. I think it's the Lord's way of getting her out of her comfort zone...completely!!

1 comment:

Kiesha said...

Alligators....snakes?? Ohh man I would be freaking out!! Especially to see one in the house. I'm afraid I would be relocating...home:) I'm glad they are doing well!